Tuesday 25 October 2011

Making fate my bitch...

After a month and a half of publishing posts that have probably made dating site administrators cry themselves to sleep at night, I decided enough was enough and deleted my profiles.  Yes, my Online Doppelganger has been returned to the parallel universe from whence she came and I am once again completely reliant on good old Madame Fate.  I know some of you might be thinking; why are you limiting your options?  I honestly don't think I am.  In fact, I think that anyone who relies solely on dating/matchmaking services to find love, or a facsimile thereof, is destined to spend a whole bunch of quality time with their keyboard and a lot of Saturday nights on dates that leave them feeling like they're auditioning housemates for a Big Brother comeback.  Despite the tidal wave of advertising space they take up, there is no such thing as a guarantee that you will find 'lasting love' by filling out a personality questionnaire.  How many people do you think are completely honest in those things?  After all, sloth-like, couch moistening Dungeon Master just doesn't have quite the same ring to it as easy going, quiet living intellectual, does it?        

No comments:

Post a Comment